Sunday 3 July 2011

A desire for beauty

I’m a guy, beauty is not usually equated with guys, we tend to be rough, dirty, strong, insensitive at times, with a tough exterior that rarely lets you know what our hearts long for.
Maybe I’m only speaking for myself, but I don’t think so. I want beauty, I don’t want to be feminine and I don’t want to look pretty…ever, but I need her. I need to see her, feel her, experience her, own her. Beauty, she captivates my heart. Endless mountain ranges woven together by green valleys, the eagle that soars above it all, I desire it. The quiet beauty of the desert at night with nothing but stars to keep you company…I desire it. These things are moving, beautiful, unforgettable. but in God’s creation there is one thing that he made more beautiful than the rest, more desirable than the rest, more captivating than the rest, that is Woman. How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful!the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. .. Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.
veiledwoman
There is something about her that steals my eyes, grasps my heart, catches my breath. No, it is not lust. It is adoration, even love. For a man to find a beauty to call his own, a wife to to be one with, a love to spend his life with, is one of the greatest expressions of God’s care and provision for us. Its depths are unfathomable yet its testimony to who God is, what it is to be created in His image, becomes all the more clearer.
Dear Woman. The world spits in your face, it kicks you when you are down, robs you of your innocence. The world tries to make you something you are not, it destroys relationships, breaks your heart, leaves you feeling worthless. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Submit yourselves to God, wash his feet with your finest perfume and tears of adoration, leave the past and live for Him and He will make you new, he will give you a clean heart, a renewed spirit.
Dear Men. Don’t let your your love turn to lust, don’t worship the creation instead of the Creator. Stand up straight, live up to the holiness to which you were called. Lay your life down for the cross. He is your shield and your strength. Take hold of the Kingdom of God and be a good soldier of Christ. 
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment