Tuesday 16 November 2010

My Envy

DSC_0477
Today, Matthew (my youngest  brother, 4), Jesus and I had a short conversation. This is how it went:
ME: I Love you
MAT: I Love you too
ME: Why?
MAT: Cause your my brother
ME: Why am I your brother?
MAT: Cause you love me
JESUS: “for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”.
The little guy didn’t blink an eyelid when answering me, I never told him what to say, he just has that awesome, childlike faith that I am so envious of. Simple answers to potentially complicated questions, simple unwavering trust in his big brother.
Have I/we lost our faith? We like to theologise, contemplate, explain, expound, explore, reason beyond reason and bang our heads trying to figure out WHY. Why this? why that? Why them? Why me? Why Now? Why Then? When all we really need is to lay our lives down at the mercy of Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very special piece! Thanks Jonathan

    ReplyDelete